Hot Posts

10/recent/ticker-posts

Call Of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Is One Of The Best Battle Royales

Call Of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Is One Of The Best Battle Royales

I’ve played Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 on PC over the past few weeks and have been sorely enjoying every little bit of it. I’ve put in hundreds of hours into multiple battle royale titles, but Warzone 2 has to be one of the best I’ve played. I know, it’s really high praise, especially against other games like PUBG, Apex Legends, and Fortnite. But from the many hours of losing and getting screamed at through voice chat, I can confidently say that Warzone 2 stands in a tier of its own.

Warzone 2 is a free-to-play battle royale with realistic combat, customizable weapons, massive areas to explore, and top-notch visuals. The game features multiple modes to play alone or with friends and various other aspects to make gameplay more exciting. I do recommend reading StaggerLee’s review of Warzone 2 on TapTap for a deeper overview of the game. That said, this piece focuses a little more on the title as a whole and how it compares to other battle royales.

Call Of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Is One Of The Best Battle Royales

When I first started playing Warzone 2, I realized how fast-paced it was. From movement to holstering and picking up weapons or even shooting, combat feels much quicker in Warzone 2 than in other titles like Apex Legends or Fortnite. This difference meant I needed to forget everything I’d learned about playing patiently. I had to think quickly, be more aware, and understand that if I ever wanted to get far in a match, I needed to make risky decisions.

Now, this pacing could be because of the game’s realistic combat or because the map is humungous. But either way, I had to learn how to approach Warzone 2 a lot differently than other games, which was intriguing and exciting to experience.

Call Of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Is One Of The Best Battle Royales

Speaking about maps, Warzone 2 has the biggest one yet, and it’s incredible. The map (also known as Al Mazrah) has eighteen significant points of interest that vary distinctly. Some areas seem more industrial, while others look rural and worn down. It’s so massive that it took me absolutely ages to completely explore Al Mazrah. Well, that could be just because I died so many times.

Al Mazrah is bigger than PUBG’s Miramar and Erangel and even larger than Apex Legends’s Broken Moon and Kings Canyon. It’s worth noting that although Warzone 2’s map is humungous, it’s not lazily filled with plain buildings or tons of boulders to make up the terrain. No, Al Mazrah is a masterpiece. Each area is well-polished and designed, and even with decent visual settings, Al Mazrah looks lifelike—it’s that well done.

Call Of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Is One Of The Best Battle Royales

Besides these major differences and other elements like weaponry, items, modes, environment, etc., Warzone 2 generally feels bigger, better, and more action-packed. I know when I enter a match, regardless if I’m doomed to lose five times in a row, I’ll still have the time of my life playing Warzone 2. I just don’t get that feeling with games like Fortnite, Realm Royale, and Apex Legends. I’m currently over a hundred hours into the game and don’t plan to stop any time soon. Well, maybe when I’ve eventually won a single match (which probably won't ever happen).

Post a Comment

0 Comments